Seahawks.com Content Manager
You are here
Is it football season yet?
All members of the 90-man roster were present to open up training camp today at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center. Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett said he "wanted to be a good teammate" by being present at today's camp and his desire to be a Seahawk for life.
NFL Media's Willie McGinest talks with Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll about training camp and the upcoming season.
Action photos from the first day of practice at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center.
More than 2,500 fans came out for the first day of the Seahawks' 2016 training camp at Renton's Virginia Mason Athletic Center.
Seahawks players reported to Renton's Virginia Mason Athletic Center on Friday to prepare for the start of the team's 2016 training camp, which opens Saturday, July 30 with the first of 13 practices open to the public.
There's just six days - count 'em - one, two, three, four, five, six days to the Seahawks' first preseason game on August 8 against the San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium. That's pretty exciting.
And you know what else is exciting? How about an intra-squad "Mock Game" - which is exactly what will take place today during the team's eighth training camp practice at Virginia Mason Athletic Center.
"How we do it is we will just move the ball for punts and the place kicks will be included," Carroll said after Thursday's practice when asked about today's scrimmage. "It’s a good day. It’s a test day for them. It’s to show us where they are and how far they’ve come.
"We are one week away from the game and we will try to make evaluations. It’s a big day for those guys. All of the guys are competing for their spots. It’s a great chance for them to show that they are willing to contribute.” Read
|KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED|
Seaason-ticket holder packages are on their way...
If you're not one of the lucky 2,500-plus 12th Man that will be in attendance when the action starts up at 1 p.m. PT, be sure to check out our live video coverage of the event with Digital Media Host Tony Ventrella.
Today's scrimmage should alleviate any serious football withdrawals for most, but if you're keeping track at home we're still 37 days away from the real thing - when the Seahawks kickoff the 2013 regular season at the home of the Carolina Panthers on September 8.
So to help us cope with life without football, here's a rundown of what to expect from the week ahead with your Seattle Seahawks:
Saturday, August 3: Read
- Players off
The seven players elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame – Larry Allen, Cris Carter, Curley Culp, Jonathan Ogden, Bill Parcells, Dave Robinson, and Warren Sapp – will be formally inducted during an Enshrinement Ceremony at Canton’s Fawcett Stadium.
Sunday, August 4: Read
- Training camp practice No. 9 - 10:45 a.m. PT
- The NFL/Hall of Fame Game, the League's annual preseason classic that kicks off each new season, takes place at Canton's Fawcett Stadium between the Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins. The game starts at 5 p.m. PT and will be televised nationally on NBC.
Monday, August 5: Read
- Game-week preparation begins with "Competition Wednesday" - on a Monday - at training camp practice No. 10 at 10:15 a.m. PT
Tuesday, August 6: Read
- Game-week preparation continues with "Turnover Thursday" - on a Tuesday - at training camp practice No. 11 at 10:15 a.m. PT
- Our #HawksMailbag is back with another round of questions and answers surrounding your Seattle Seahawks. Check out our first edition of #HawksMailbag here and feel free to submit your questions directly to me on Twitter @TonyDrovetto, or send them along to @Seahawks.
Wednesday, August 7:
- Game-week preparation concludes with "No Repeat Friday" - on a Wednesday - at training camp practice No. 12 - 10:30 a.m. PT (closed to general public)
- Team travels to San Diego
Thursday, August 8: Read
- Preseason Game No. 1 at San Diego Chargers. Kickoff at 7 p.m. PT from Qualcomm Stadium. The game will be broadcast on Q13 FOX, 710 AM ESPN Seattle & KIRO Radio 97.3 FM. If you have trouble finding our preseason games outside the Seattle area, check out Preseason Live, where you can watch preseason games live online with your computer, smartphone or tablet device.
Friday, August 9: Read
- Players off
Saturday, August 10: Read
- Players off