Seahawks.com Content Producer
You are here
Is it football season yet?
The Seahawks wrap up their preseason schedule by playing host to the Raiders at CenturyLink Field as players battle to make the roster.
NFL Media Senior Fantasy Analyst Michael Fabiano shares which running backs fantasy owners should target after the top options are off the board
With the Seahawks final preseason game on Thursday night, the team combined Competition Wednesday and Turnover Thursday into one day, hopefully preparing themselves for later in the year when they play on Thursday night in the regular season.
Due to the shortened week, the team doubled up on a Tuesday practice of preseason week four with the themes of "Competition Wednesday" and "Turnover Thursday".
A player-by-player look at the 2015 Seattle Seahawks 75-man roster. The Seahawks must trim their roster to 53 players by 1 p.m. PT on Saturday, Sept. 5.
If you've been paying any attention to what's going on at Virginia Mason Athletic Center the past couple of days, you'd think that it's just about time to stop asking the question we pose on a weekly basis here at Seahawks.com:
Is it football season yet?
Seahawks training camp is full-go, and the buzz, excitement and expectations surrounding the club and the season ahead have never been higher.
In the last two days, 5,450 Seahawks faithful have flocked to the grassy knoll overlooking the team's three practice fields along the shores of Lake Washington at Virginia Mason Athletic Center. And yes - Allen Iverson - we are just talking about practice here. The 12th Man has turned out plus-capacity crowds and proven they are hungry for the return of the gridiron game.
There's now just 44 days until the Seahawks kickoff the 2013 regular season on the road against the Carolina Panthers on September 8. Thirteen days stand between the team and their road trip to San Diego to take on the Chargers in the preseason opener. And seven days separate the club from hosting their very own "Mock Game" at next Friday's training camp practice.
Here's a rundown of what to expect from the week ahead with your Seattle Seahawks:
Saturday, July 27:
- Training camp practice No. 3 - 10:15 a.m. PT
Sunday, July 28:
- Training camp practice No. 4 - 10:15 a.m. PT
Monday, July 29:
- Players off
Tuesday, July 30:
- Training camp practice No. 5 - 10:15 a.m. PT
- We'll be launching a weekly #HawksMailbag feature on Seahawks.com, where we'll take the time to answer any questions you may have about training camp or the season ahead. Feel free to send your questions directly to me on Twitter @TonyDrovetto, or you can send them along to @Seahawks.
Wednesday, July 31:
- Training camp practice No. 6 - 10:15 a.m. PT
Thursday, August 1:
- Training camp practice No. 7 - 10:15 a.m. PT
Friday, August 2:
- Training camp practice No. 8, "Mock Game" - 1:00 p.m. PT
- Cornerback Brandon Browner and wide receiver Golden Tate will celebrate their 29th (Browner) and 25th (Tate) birthdays. Be sure to send them some well wishes on Twitter @bbrowner27 and @ShowtimeTate.
Saturday, August 3:
- Players off, but the action quickly revs back up the next day, with four days of preparation before the team's Thursday night preseason matchup with the Chargers on August 8.